Join the Team!
We are hiring! Mélange (449 K Street NW) is a new fast-casual dining concept in Mount Vernon Triangle, DC that blends contemporary French cuisine techniques and traditional Ethiopian flavors, from Michelin-starred Chef Elias Taddesse. Known for serving juicy burgers and flavorful sandwiches, it will progress to a full menu with indoor dining and private events later in 2021.
Looking for a change or new opportunity? We are looking for someone who’s searching for that opportunity! This person needs STRONG work experience working on a line in restaurants and STRONG leadership abilities. For this job, you will need to be self-motivated and have the ability to multitask.
Kitchen Supervisor Job Description:
- Assist with prep or line work
- Assist with menu development: present new ideas and create kitchen organization for successful execution
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas, and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Train and monitor kitchen staff so that they recreate everything faithfully and consistently to our high standards
- Order and manage inventory so that all necessary ingredients are stocked and rotated for freshness
- Streamline kitchen processes to maintain prompt service times
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a head chef and/or kitchen manager
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Ability to lead and guide the work of others and perform multiple tasks concurrently to maintain service commitments.
- Familiarity with industry’s best practices
If interested in this position, please send an email to [email protected] or submit an inquiry below.
KITCHEN LINE COOK
Looking for a change or new opportunity? We are looking for someone who’s searching for that opportunity! This person needs solid work experience working on a line in restaurants.
Kitchen Line Cook Job Description:
Prepare preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
Store food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes and special modifications.
Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
Keep the work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
Proven line cooking experience in a similar environment
Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
Familiarity with industry’s best practices
If interested in this position, please send an email to [email protected].
Safety is our number one priority during this time. We are following a number of different protocols to ensure safety, and this can be discussed during the initial interview.