Join the Team
We are hiring!
Mélange (449 K Street NW) is a casual dining concept from Michelin-starred Chef Elias Taddesse. Known for serving juicy burgers, flavorful sandwiches, and creative dishes, Mélange blends contemporary French cuisine techniques with traditional American and Ethiopian flavors.
CASHIERS/SERVERSCashier/Server Job Description: We are searching for friendly and professional Servers to join our restaurant staff. As the first point of contact, you will greet and assist customers as they enter our restaurant. Our commitment to customer service, cleanliness & serving fresh, quality food is what really sets us apart from the rest. In this position, delivering outstanding customer service will be your main objective. Additional responsibilities include processing food orders, cleaning public spaces, and packaging orders. The ideal candidate will be friendly, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers and help determine their orders.
- Process customer orders and record them in the restaurant POS system.
- Process customer orders with third-party delivery services.
- Relay customers’ orders to the kitchen staff.
- Ensure all orders are delivered to the customers in a timely manner.
- Accept cash and return the correct change.
- Tally money in the cash drawer at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Place food orders in the appropriate bags and boxes.
- Respond to customer inquiries, issue receipts, and record customer suggestions.
- Clean and arrange eating, service, and kitchen spaces.
- Help kitchen staff when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in a customer service role is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Line Cook Description:
Looking for a change or new opportunity? We are looking for someone who’s searching for that opportunity! This person needs solid work experience working on a line in restaurants.
- Prepare preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special modifications.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Keep the work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Proven line cooking experience in a similar environment
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiarity with industry’s best practices
If interested in this position, please send an email to email@example.com or submit an inquiry below.